The Innovation Center of Attica Region (ICAR) constitutes the regional support structure of Research and Innovation (R&I) of Attica, in accordance with the guidelines of the Regional Strategy of Smart Specialization (RIS3) for the chosen three fields:
- Creative Economy
- Blue Economy
- Sustainable Economy
- Creation of the basic innovation infrastructure: platforms, databases, documentation of projects and studies, best practices etc.
- Orchestrating the operation of the Regional Innovation System and the continuous execution of the Entepreneurial Discovery Process.
- Focus of Research and Innovation (R&I) of the academic and research institutions on enterprises’ needs and on the opportunities identified by the Regional Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialization (RIS3).
- Reinforcement of the interconnection of enterprises, research centers and academic institutions, with emphasis on the need of the development and the promotion of innovative solutions.
- Support the Research and Innovation Regional Board (RIRB) of Attica in shaping policies and strategy, decision making and in its general operation.